Another post from 2011
There is power in having a goal, and even more in writing it down.
One of my physical goals for 2011, is to run 50 miles in one week. As of today, I am 3 miles away from reaching that goal, and will be completed tomorrow -- if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise. (Actually, even if the creek rises, I will be out on the road swimming the last 3 miles.) I have not come this far to surrender now.
I've learned a lot of lessons over the last 6 days and it has not been easy. Early mornings, very early mornings. Forgoing sleep to hit the road. My 18 mile run this past Saturday set me on the path (or road), and I just keep plodding along. As slow as I am, I just refuse to quit until I have hit the mark. And yesterday, I realized that I will only be 2.4 miles away from 52.4 (2 Full Marathons) so I have upped my goal.
This morning and yesterday were not easy to get up and start, but once I'm on the road at 5 a.m., the goal keeps me going.
No IPOD, no one to visit with, just me and the road (and the occasional newspaper delivery man). If I could get the world to run with me, I could solve all of its problems during my runs in the early mornings.
I'm looking forward to hitting the mark tomorrow, and I'm also looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment