Wednesday, December 28, 2011

10 Lessons Learned from 50 Mile Week

The following was a post from earlier this year (2011).


Here are some lessons I've learned from this week's 50-mile run:

1. Start strong and then continue
2. There is a voice that tries to tell you that you can stop since you've already done a "good enough" job.
3. You must totally commit to achieving your goal.
4. You must be willing to deny yourself of certain things (sleep, free time, etc.)
5. Do the hardest part of a job at the beginning (started with an 18 mile run last Saturday).
6. You MUST write your goal down on paper.
7. Tell others and you will be accountable (Facebook/Twitter).
8. Consistency is more important than 1 great day followed by 5 days off.
9. Not everyone will understand.
10. Hardest part is getting up and out the door. After 10-15 minutes into my run, I realize I'm having the time of my life and I am enjoying the journey just as much as the actual accomplishing of my goal.

No comments: