Wednesday, December 28, 2011

50 Down, 2.4 to Go - Repost


Past post from 2011...

Last night after dinner, I decided to knock out the last 3 miles of my 50 mile week. That means in 6 days, I've spent close to 8 hours of running, burned who knows how many calories and lost at least 6 hours of sleep. It's been easier as it is Spring Break and I have not been tutoring this week, but it has taken a commitment and level of dedication that I'm not sure I've had in the past.

This goal for 2011 is part of a larger overall goal -- To Run the Boston Marathon. To get there though, it will take much work. I plan to run the OKC Marathon, and this has been a good week of training. I also have written down to run 4 or 5 marathons this year. This week will be helpful as I look to maintain and improve.

After work today, I plan to run the last 2.4 miles so I will have finished 2 marathons in 7 days. Not a huge deal to some people, but to me, it's something I didn't know I had in me. Once I thought about the possibility (dream), and wrote it down (goal), it became a possibility. It's a lesson in goal setting and reinforces to me the power of the written goal.

Even if it's only until 6:00 a.m., I'm sleeping in tomorrow!

No comments: